Sunday, August 28, 2005

 

Languages and the school management of VOS

VOS IN GERMANY AND SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
German newspapers


Today I have succeeded in posting some important pictures to the Forum, three scanned articles from German newspapers about the stay of students of VOS Domazlice in Germany. Those of you who speak German can understand the newspapers and for the English speaking students I make a short summary of the problem.

Some time ago I was a teacher of English at VOS Domazlice, and had found that the school management is too poor and too weak in pursuing new goals fitting the new times. By “New times” I mean the changes after 1989 in this republic, which means the end of communist reign over this country. Several times I offered my knowledge to the school management but they did not react. So I had decided to organize the work and study stay for the students myself. I succeeded; students of VOS Domazlice could go to Germany and work there and at the same time learn the language.

Unfortunately, the school management could not cope with that and STOPPED the program. This is a perfect illustration how the old “communist” people envy the young generation and do not allow them to study and become smarter. It is also typical that such people are at the leading position and thus, through their “not-knowledge” influencing the young generation, giving it a poor example for their future lives, and guiding it into a completely wrong direction.

You can see the scanned pictures of German newspapers below; a click on the picture enlarges the pictures so that you can read the report.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?