Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

good evidence for memplex

Good evidence

Anarchism

Memetics and semiotics

Good evidence on my ideas about humans just happened yesterday. This will be a small story based on my own experience. I have written this story already in Czech and it can be found in the Czech forum on my blog. This English version is not a translation, just only the same idea told by me in other language.

So it happened yesterday. I was in the town and met two ladies in their 60`s. I knew on of them so still sitting in my car I started a small talk with them. It took only few minutes; but in this short time I could make out at least two typical reactions. One of them shows the hate of pedestrians against mobile people. I was accused that I drove too fast; well, in fact I stood for a while because I had no chance to make out whereto the two ladies would be heading after having made up their mind in the middle of the street.

This is not so important evidence but it shows the emotional reaction people have, no logic and no truth, just emotional reaction which should bring the person an advantage for the case something would happen, whatever the advantage might be.

The second reaction was much more complex. As I know one of the ladies I made a joke about the next school director which is really poor here in the town. Then we made several more remarks and then I was called anarchist.

I was shocked as I do not perceive myself as anarchist. The idea of being called anarchist made ma think the whole story many times over and over. Then I came to a shocking result. The ladies were right.

The matter is relatively easy but complex. Czechs like their system of order which normal people would call disorder. Just today in the TV news it was said again that the bribery in the Czech Republic was constantly increasing and is one of the largest in all European countries: The Czech type of order depends on the way how Czechs perceive authority; for a Czech authority is only such a person which is in the position to punish or cause some damage to him. Czechs recognize such a person as the highest authority. In some other cultures this kind of authority is considered primitive and applied only against primitive members of such a society.

If a person from a highly developed society observes what everything is wrong in this country and tries to improve this unpleasant state even when it implies producing criticism against the Czech number one type authority, then such a person must be perceived by Czechs as anarchist, a person disturbing the order.

The only problem is that the Czech system of order is a disaster of a disorder. Only Czechs perceive this state as order, and as I see it going on here I would say it will take several hundred years before Czechs will understand what is right and what is wrong and will behave accordingly. Unfortunately, this is valid not only for the members of lower classes of the Czech society; this is valid for the whole of the Czech society as such.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?