Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

EVOLUTION again

Hauser and morality

Spite the fact that I originally aimed – and basically – have been always aiming at Czech students I must write this short remark in English. This morning I have found Professor Hauser and his ideas on the internet. HERE you may see what results Google can find about Hauser and morality, the beloved topic of Professor Hauser.

There are plenty of articles about his ideas, commented or uncommented, etc. I really do appreciate his approach, though I believe I am much further with my ideas on humans and their morality than Prof. Hauser.

Prof Hauser has gathered plenty of evidence for the fact that certain human reactions are common to all people across the world as well as for both sexes. This appears to be the evidence for the fact that we have developed our morality step by step and certain moral reactions are common to all of us, and some do differ. This is also evidence for evolution as such.

The problem I have been facing is the problem how to explain this to other people. The only way I believe is the good one is to have prepared several concrete and discrete cases describing the phenomenon I want to explain, as I can never know in advance which of my set up “stories” will really hit the listener. As people have the same basis but differ as a result of their informational environment it is seldom the case that all people can understand the same example explained to them.

The only thing I can do here is just advice people to read what Hauser has to say and think hard about that and bring in one’s own experiences to support Hauser’s evidence, then you may understand a bit more. Just do it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?